[Xen-devel] xen-netback in linux 3.12

Hi all,

I found xen-netback changed a lot in latest kernel. The shared xen-netback threads in driver domain is replaced by per-vif kernel thread. In my platform, I found the I/O throughput and scalability of per-vif netback is better than previous implementation. Another advantage is that I can use cgroups to control the CPU fair share among all VMs in driver domain (I group netback thread and blkback thread for each VM). Is there any other motivation for this modification? Thanks.

Regards,
Cong