Re: [Xen-devel] Xen hangs when trying to boot in UEFI mode

>> I have skimmed over, and lack of boot messages appears to be the main problem.
>> Do you have a serial PCI card you could put it, (or does your USB port have debug capabilities) and can you set up a serial console?
>> As for EFI boot itself, there is a lot which is expected not to work at the moment, because of the split between Xen and dom0 and who gets to use bootservices etc, but it is expected to boot and function basically.
>> Have you tried xen unstable (which is currently 4.4-rc1 + some).  It might be an interesting datapoint, but I cant offhand recall whether there is much/anything relevant to EFI boot.
>> ~Andrew

I recall having tried with xen-git from Arch Linux User Repository, here:

This was during late-December, but I assumed it was a 4.4 unstable version. I think I managed to build it as a EFI executable by removing the oxen.patch that were causing compiling issues (Check comments). Behaviator was the same.

I spend some time reading how to use the Serial Port from the Xen Wiki to figure out what I have to do:

No, I don't have a PCI Card to provide a Serial Port, neither I'm aware that any of the USB Ports have anything special like debug capabilities. Also, as I only have PCIe Slots, I suppose it will be even more hard to get a PCIe Card with a Serial Port. What my Motherboard got is a Serial Port Header. As the BIOS actually has an option to enable a Serial Port, I suppose it should be ready to use if I plug there a Serial bracket like this:
I *SHOULD* have one of those in a box somewhere, because they were more common in another era where Motherboards usually came with one as accessory. What I'm missing is the Serial-to-USB cable. Not sure where I can get one locally, either.

Also, I don't get a clear message out of the wiki article regarding the Serial-to-USB cable. Basically, what I understand is that the Serial side must be connected to the computer that I want to get output from, and the USB side goes to the one that will be running the terminal application to read it, as it is impossible to do it the other way around because on boot the computer with Xen can't use an USB as a COM port like on the other machine. Assuming it works like that, it is doable.

Additionally, I have been reading about doing it via Serial over LAN, because with that I don't need to look around where to purchase or how to build the cable, but getting info about how to use SoL has been hard. I have vPro support with Intel AMT available, and I read that it can be used for SoL. Also, the BIOS has an option to provide EMS Console Redirection for out-of-band management, but that seems to be useful only for some Windows installations that support it, I don't see anything regarding redirecting serial output. Most of the instructions I read about SoL seems to be based around using IPMI (Which my Motherboard doesn't have) instead of AMT. It is possible to get SoL working with only AMT?
Instructions aren't clear either regarding the fact that the other computer must support AMT too, or what Software I must run so it can listen to the Network (Keep in mind than that computer is running Windows XP).

I will try to get my hands on the requiered bracket and cable to do it the Serial-to-USB way. Else, it must be via SoL, and I can't figure out how to make it work.

BTW, I found a Thread of someone which was having a similar issue:
Xen didn't detected ACPI when booting on UEFI, and a workaround was required. However, that was for Xen 4.2.