Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: [cros-discuss] Boot in Hyp mode on Samsung ARM Chromebook

On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 11:36 +0400, John Johnson wrote:
> Meanwhile, i've tried to boot just bare linux-chromebook kernel from
> xen repo to no avail.

Are you trying to use the March 2013 branch referred to by the wiki page
at [0] by any chance? That page gave the misleading impression that Xen
on Chromebook was working, when in reality it was very much a WIP. See
also the thread on the Debian lists at [1].

I asked Anthony to update the wiki page to update that page to better
reflect the reality and it looks like he did yesterday, thanks Anthony

As I said in the debian-arm thread:
         as you are probably gathering you are going to have to do some
        development work if you want to run Xen on your chromebook at
        this stage. We are happy to provide guidance (probably best to
        take this upstream) but it is going to need a certain amount of
        lowlevel hacking skills -- especially given the lack of serial
        console on the chromebook (unless you have soldered one on).

Sorry.

Ian.

[0] http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Chromebook
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2014/01/msg00037.html