[Xen-devel] first port of xen-4.2 to illumos based platform

Hello All,

let me introduce status of port xen-4.2 to DilOS(illumos based platform)

i have finished:

illumos code:
- updated xen public headers in dilos-illumos-gate tree
- updated some changes for domU - PV & HVM - i have tested domU on dilos-xen-3.4-dom0 - work well.
- updated some changes for dom0

userland xen-4.2
- update some changes for build env.
- merged some changes for build xen.gz + xen-syms

Now - i have loaded dilos-xen-4.2-dom0 with some issues:
- have no access to local console - but have access by SSH
- very slow boot process - more timeout issues with pci-ide
- problem with FMA service
- problem with HAL service

if someone else interested in helps with resolve issues and xen ports: you are welcome to dilos-dev@ mail list with questions and FreeNode IRC: #dilos.

i can help with setup build env and test env based on VMware ESXi with output to serial console.

What need to do:

illumos:
- try to find and resolve problems with services and APIC irq remap(probably it is problems with services)
- take a look other problems

userland xen-4.2
- fix build problems with QEMU
- merge additional changes from xen-3.4
- try to identify issues with APIC remap here - probably incorrect/mistaken merges

for resolve these issues need to work on both sides: illumos & xen sources.

I have a limited time for work on it - i'll do it as I can.
I can share my work and provide access to sources.

if you have questions: please send email to dilos-dev@ mail list.

--
Best regards,
Igor Kozhukhov