Re: [Xen-devel] XEN[ARM] Master not working on Allwinner A20

Hi Karim,

On 01/05/2014 04:48 PM, karim.allah.ahmed@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
It's failing because none of the zones has a contiguous memory block
with an order bigger than 15 ( 128M ). I think this is due to the
alignment of the phys_start with buddy system in cubieboard, I'll look
further and let you know if there's a cleaner approach to fix that.

Currently we support only one memory bank for dom0 when the 1:1 mapping is enabled. This solution is not reliable because it will depends where U-boot has loaded modules (kernel, initramfs, dtb,...) in the RAM.

The proper solution would be to support multiple banks for dom0. When Xen will allocate dom0 memory, it will split the total amount of RAM in small chunk, so it will likely be able to allocate the memory correctly, even with the 1:1 mapping.

Sincerely yours,

--
Julien Grall