Re: [Xen-devel] Does Xen ARM utilize Trustzone somehow?

Hi Andrei,

I think Xen ARM doesn't utilize Trustzone and you can't run Dom0 in secure mode. In a trustzone environment that supports virtualization, the hypevisor as well as all its guests will be running in the non-secure mode.

"The virtualization features accessible only at PL2 are implemented only in Non-secure state. Secure state has only two privilege levels, PL0 and PL1." ~ ARMv7 TRM.
Things like VTTBR aren't banked and are only available in non-secure. This register is currently used for MMU virtualization for guests.