Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create VM with nic device on Arndale

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create VM with nic device on
Arndale"):
> The confusion arises because our LOG macros include the function name,
> so checking for nic errors in a vtpm function is always going to produce
> something confusing.
>
> We should introduce a veneer here, e.g. nic_done(), which logs any nic
> related errors and then calls the next step. Same for each step in the
> async chain.

That would be tangling the code just to make the logging output
right.  Perhaps we could just fix the logging to DTRT.

How about a new logging macro which takes an argument for the context
to print instead of the function name ?

   static void domcreate_attach_vtpms(libxl__egc *egc,
                                      libxl__multidev *multidev,
                                      int ret)
   {
      libxl_domain_config* const d_config = dcs->guest_config;

      if (ret) {
-         LOG(ERROR, "unable to add nic devices");
+         CLOG("domcreate nics", ERROR, "unable to add nic devices");
          goto error_out;
      }

We'd probably only need to change about one call in each callback
function - the one which prints an error message for the previous
operation.

Ian.