Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

On 05/12/2013 16:54, George Dunlap wrote:
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM, George Dunlap
<George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This information will be mirrored on the Xen 4.4 Roadmap wiki page:
  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap/4.4

We're nearly to the completion of the code freeze, scheduled for
tomorrow.  After the code freeze, only bug fixes and features marked
as "blockers" will be considered.  At the moment, the only feature
considered a blocker is experimental PVH dom0 support.

In early RCs, most bug fixes will be accepted; but in later RCs, even
bug fixes may be rejected if they risk breaking more important
functionality than they fix.

I don't think at this point every bug fix needs a blessing from me;
committers, if there are fixes which are obviously low-risk, just go
ahead and check them in.

I was thinking that for some of our new features, it would be good to
have a blog post describing the feature and how to test it.  This
would both raise awareness of the feature, and hopefully get it more
testing before the release.  We could choose a couple to focus on for
each test day.
Lars / Russ,

We should be able to cut an RC0 sometime next week.  Do you want to
plan a test day for 16 December, and then maybe another one for 6
January?
The RC0 has not happened last week. I guess we are a little late for a test day. Also, I will be struggling organizing a Test Day due to holidays and a planned trip to China. Unless Russ can pick it up, and we do have a schedule for test days after RC0, which we can stick to. Also, we need volunteers to prepare decent test instructions.
Lars