-----Original Message-----
From: netdev-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:netdev-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Eric Dumazet
Sent: 04 December 2013 23:32
To: Zoltan Kiss
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Malcolm Crossley;
Jonathan Davies; Paul Durrant; Wei Liu; Ian Campbell
Subject: Re: NAPI rescheduling and the delay caused by it

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 21:23 +0000, Zoltan Kiss wrote:

> I see netif_rx_ni makes sure the softirq is executed, but I'm not sure
> I get how is it related to wake_queue. Can you explain a bit more?

Calling netif_wake_queue() from process context makes no guarantee the TX
softirq is processed in the following cycles.

This interface is meant to be used from softirq context.

Try to enclose it in :

void xenvif_notify_tx_completion(struct xenvif *vif) {
        if (netif_queue_stopped(vif->dev) && xenvif_rx_schedulable(vif)) {
                local_bh_disable();
                netif_wake_queue(vif->dev);
                local_bh_enable();
        }