Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

On 12/05/2013 05:01 PM, Lars Kurth wrote:

* Disk: indirect descriptors (in 3.11)
   - ?
It's part of the "Xen ecosystem", and so it should be tested and announced.  It
makes sense to me to announce
developments that happen all together with Xen releases; we can make it clear
that these are features in *external
projects* that happened during the Xen 4.4 *timeframe*.  The alternative would
be to announce them when the
other projects had a release; but I think that may be diluting the messaging a
bit.

In any case, if we don't announce them on Xen releases, we ought to pay
attention and announce them when the projects do their release.

Lars / Russ, any opinions here?
That works

That wasn't a yes/no question; it is a, "which do you think is best" question:

* Announcing features for external projects (linux, libvirt) in the main Xen release. Advantage: Longer list of features, more concentrated coverage

* Announcing features for external projects when the external projects release. Advantage: More frequent coverage, may build good-will between projects to announce their releases

  -George