Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 16:48 +0000, Wei Liu wrote:

> > >A bunch of critical patches are neither applied upstream nor in our tree
> > >(though they are already acked / reviewed by maintainers), so I don't
> > >think we want to advertise it as "working"...
> >
> > OK -- would the Xen side of these be something that could come in as
> > "bug fixes", or should I take this off the list of 4.4 features?
> >

> I pinged maintainer this morning, let's see his response later. He's in
> GMT -8 timezone.
>
> If we cannot get it merged within next week I would rather take it off
> our list.

IIRC the Xen side patches were pretty small and straight forward and the
only issue was agreeing the ABI for the struct passed from hvmloader to
ovmf.

Other than that lack of ABI agreement is there anything else which would
block taking the patches on our side. In particular do they break what
little functionality there is with the existing ovmf code base which we
pull in?

Ian.