Re: [Xen-devel] Why does xc_map_foreign_range() refuse to map pfns below 1M from a domU

>>> On 04.12.13 at 11:45, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Correct. The check for mapping domain 0's 1:1 map is overly broad I
> think, and erroneously prevents a domU from mapping a foreign PFN < 1M.

But that's the source of my not understanding: xen_make_pte()
derives addr from the passed in pte, and that pte can - for a
foreign domain's page - hardly hold a PFN. Otherwise how would
the translation to MFN be supposed to happen? Yet, if it's a
machine address that's coming in, it can't point into the low 1Mb.

Jan