Re: [Xen-devel] Possible memory leak in qemu-dm (qemu-dm swapping 20GB+, adding 2gb+ per day)

On 02 Dec 2013, at 23:24, Matthew Daley <mattd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Roger did the real work in finding the bug originally and making the
original patch!

Very true, thank you Roger!

That qemu_iovec_init call wasn't meant to be commented out however,
just the call to qemu_iovec_reset in the following "get one from
freelist" block. I'm happy to do a cleaned-up backport if no-one else
here does it instead; all that was involved were a couple of missing
members from struct ioreq IIRC.

Me and ilon is happy to test the backport with the qemu_iovec_init. Is it something I could help you with except the testing?

Do you want me to compile a version with qemu_iovec_init to see if anything changes? (memory usage, etc.)

Regards,
Niklas