Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on ARM basic questions

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Vaibhav Bedia <vaibhav.bedia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 09:13 -0500, Vaibhav Bedia wrote:
>>>
>>> addr2line points me to irq_restore so that's definitely interesting.
>>>
>>> vaibhav@vaibhav-VirtualBox:~/src/linux$ arm-linux-gnueabi-addr2line -f
>>> -e vmlinux c0097518
>>> arch_local_irq_restore
>>> /home/vaibhav/src/linux/arch/arm/include/asm/irqflags.h:152
>>
>> Assuming your file has the same content as mine that would point to
>> arch_local_irq_restore, which is, erm, interesting...
>>
>> I'm not sure what to make of that, if reenabling interrupts were a
>> problem I'd expect the PC to be pointing to some interrupt handler not
>> at the instructing which enabled them.
>>
>> Does your version of the file line up with mine? IOW what do you have at
>> line 152?
>>

> Yes, that's the same for me.
>
> /*
>  * restore saved IRQ & FIQ state
>  */
> static inline void arch_local_irq_restore(unsigned long flags)
> {
>         asm volatile(
>                 "       msr     " IRQMASK_REG_NAME_W ", %0      @
> local_irq_restore"
>                 :
>                 : "r" (flags)
>                 : "memory", "cc");
> }

I updated the xen image to the current master and looks like i have
some debugging to do... could be some hack that i put in xen src.

Right now the last print after a bunch of "fixed name abc" and adding
DT aliases is "No console". I'll get back to this later today and report
how it goes.

Thanks for all the help so far :)

Regards,
Vaibhav