Re: [Xen-devel] Coverity issues from 27/11/2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 01:03:33PM +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> A very good Coverity run today.  30 issues fixed and only 2 introduced.

Woot!

> The two introduced were not directly as a result of recent changes, but
> as a result of the tmem improvements.  Coverity tags an issue with types
> and names, so refactored code gets new issues tagged against it.
>

> The two 'new' issues are both to do with:
>
> static inline void tmem_copy_to_client_buf_offset(tmem_cli_va_param_t clibuf,
>
>                                                   int off,
>                                                   char *tmembuf, int len)
> {
>     copy_to_guest_offset(clibuf,off,tmembuf,len);
> }
>
> Which throws away important errors which should not be ignored.

That had been there before (this CID).

> I guess this is more something which needs considering when doing
> functional improvements to the tmem code.

One of the patches that Bob posted fixes this (by eliminating the
user of this inline function). I am waiting for those to be respun.
And then I will post an GIT PULL to pull them in.

It will be after Thanksgiving.