Re: [Xen-devel] Getting DomU IP from Dom0

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:46:48PM +0000, Manoj Subramaniam (manojsub) wrote:
> Is there a direct way to get the DomU's IP address (DHCP assigned) from Dom0
> without having login?  The tcpdump on source mac (suggested way on the Xen
> wiki), ARP/RARP seem to be workarounds and not suitable for my scripting
> needs.

At Oracle we developed a driver that communicates via the XenBus that
kind of information. It is open-source so you should be able to download
it and use it.

See
https://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=linux-uek3-3.8.git;a=commitdiff;h=f5c314acc2ca1f7cbf4496fdc5c6fe07287f562d

There is also a user-space proess in dom0 that communicates with
them - ovmwatch. You should be able to get that from OVM 3.2 source
ISOs.