[Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 trunk: device [xxxx:yyyy] has invalid IRQ; check vendor BIOS

Hi,

For several years, I've been hapily running Xen on my desktop/server PC, and so when i recently
got a Macbook i decided to give it a run on that platform as well.

To my happy surprise, most of the system seems working fine after booting Xen, it even seems that VT-d is supported on this platform. My macbook is quite usable, the desktop runs fine, including the intel graphics driver, also my keyboard & touchpad are working as expected and thunderbolt ethernet is also working.

However, i'm also running into some driver issues, which i posted earlier on xen-users, but after consideration, are probably better addressed here on xen-devel (please do let me know if this isn't the right place, I'll be happy to take this elsewhere). Most noticably, the wireless driver is not working, which is quite a nuisance on a laptop.

Looking at the output of dmesg, there is a clear hint of what might be wrong; it lists several (>10) of the following messages: [ 3.957006] pcieport 0000:00:01.0: device [8086:0d01] has invalid IRQ; check vendor BIOS [ 3.957018] pcieport 0000:00:01.0: can't find IRQ for PCI INT A; please try using pci=biosirq

This while booting the same kernel (3.13-rc1) without xen works fine.

I'm not sure where this problem originates, the suggestion to use 'pci=biosirq' (which i also tried adding to the kernel commandline to no avail) seems to indicate that the Bios (or in this case EFI, or Xen?) is not setting up the proper interrupts for these devices. Note that I'm not using boot-camp, I'm booting xen.efi directly from refind.

Is there anything i can do to remedy this? I've built Xen from (recent) trunk, and would be happy to help debug/analyse this problem, just don't know quite where to start...

I can provide dmesg; xl dmesg, or lspci output if so desired, just let me know what is of interest.

Warm regards,
Mark.