Re: [Xen-devel] Question about the memory layout of xen hypervisor, dom0 and domU

On ven, 2013-11-22 at 15:04 -0500, Meng Xu wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I have a question about the memory layout of the Xen hypervisor, dom0
> and domU.
>

> *The goal I want to achieve is:
> I want to show which RAM area is used by hypervisor, which RAM area is
> used by dom0, which RAM area is used by each domU (PV guest domain).
>
> I hope to know the above information when xen is booted as well as
> when xen is running some domUs.

Mmm... Where (hypervisor, dom0/domu kernel space, user space) and for
what reason you need that?

I'm asking because, at some point, I needed a _similar_ information, and
wrote this:

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=ae763e4224304983a1cde2fbb3d6e0c4d60b2688

It's probably not exactly what you mean, but it has the capability of
showing who is using some MFNs.

The point is I only needed it for debugging/understanding purposes so,
if your aim is different, it may not fit.

Regards,
Dario