Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] Status of Xen ARM Project

Audun,

I clarified the warning on http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_(PV) as it was a little confusing. This list is now archived (i.e. all posts will be moderated).

The original Xen ARM PV port requires a modifired Linux kernel, whereas ARM support in mainline Xen does not. Many of the newer mobile platform have newer ARM CPUs and thus ARM support in mainline Xen should just work. We are also seeing pick-up in the mobile and other sectors with the new port. See http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Android & http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Embedded

Of course the old port is still around, but it is unlikley that much development effort will go into it.

Best Regards
Lars