[Xen-devel] PVH and mtrr/PAT.........

After rebasing my dom0 on latest, it didn't boot. After debugging
couple days, it turned out to be :

+    if ( is_pvh_domain(d) )
+    {
+        if ( direct_mmio )
+            return MTRR_TYPE_UNCACHABLE;
+        return MTRR_TYPE_WRBACK;
+    }
+

I had in my patches, missing in epte_get_entry_emt() in latest.

So, since I don't know much about this, is an HVM guest setting MTRR
range types? Looking for suggestions on best way to do this for PVH.

I thought from EPT standpoint, either RAM or IO region, so either
MTRR_TYPE_UNCACHABLE or MTRR_TYPE_WRBACK.  In case of MSR_IA32_CR_PAT,
the guest just writes to it natively. I'm confused between PAT and
MTRRs, reading now that I can just focus on this fixme. Should I look
where guest is parsing e820 and setting MTRRs on baremetal?

thanks
Mukesh