Re: [Xen-devel] xenwatch: page allocation failure: order:4, mode:0x10c0d0 xen_netback:xenvif_alloc: Could not allocate netdev for vif16.0

On 19/11/13 13:02, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi Wei,
>
> I ran into the following problem when trying to boot another guest after less
> than a day of uptime.
> (the system started 15 guests at boot already which went fine). dom0 is
> allocated a fixed 1536M.
>
> Both host as pv guests run the same kernel, some hvm's run a slightly older
> kernel (3.9 f.e.)
>
> The are quite some granttable messages in xl dmesg, i also included these and
> a "vmstat -m"

Thread-per-VIF made the VIF's net device structure enormous.

This is fixed by 74d332c13b2148ae934ea94dac1745ae92efe8e5 (net: extend
net_device allocation to vmalloc()).

David