Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: Code freezing point reached

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 06:19:46PM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:

> = Timeline =
>
> Here is our current timeline based on a 6-month release:
>
> * Feature freeze: 18 October 2013
> * Code freezing point: 18 November 2013 <== WE ARE HERE
> * First RC: 6 December 2013
> * Release: 21 January 2014
>
> Last updated: 18 November 2016

2016 :)

> == Backlog ==
>

> === Big ticket items ===

 * PCI hole resize support hvmloader/qemu-traditional/qemu-upstream with
PCI/GPU passthrough
   http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-05/msg02813.html
   Where Stefano writes:

   1) modify upstream QEMU to start the PCI hole at 0xe0000000, to match
   qemu-xen-unstable in terms of configuration and not to introduce any
   regressions. Do this for the Xen 4.3 release.

   2) for Xen 4.4 rework the two patches above and improve
   i440fx_update_pci_mem_hole: resizing the pci_hole subregion is not
   enough, it also needs to be able to resize the system memory region
   (xen.ram) to make room for the bigger pci_hole

-- Pasi