Re: [Xen-devel] two questions about xen on arm

 >>>Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-11-01 at 01:54 -0600, Bamvor Jian Zhang wrote:
> > fix destination.
> > sorry, i sent it to the wrong address.
> >
> >  >>>Bamvor Jian Zhang wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > recently, i got xen running on allwinner A20 successful[1], and i
> > > have two questions:
> > >
> > > 1, how to get guest stack trace?
> > > i could get the guest stack trace with the following patch, is it
> > > make sense?
>
> The only issue would be that it prints 8-byte words for a 32-on-64
> guest. That as it is much better than nothing, we can live with it for
> sure.
>
> >  and i could only get the dom0 kernel trace, how could
> > > i get the domU kernel trace?
>
> This code should work equally well for any guest AFAICT, what issue are
> you seeing?
i mean if i have booted a domU, could i get such specific domain stack trace?
i only get the dom0 stack trace throught "xl debug-keys d" every time, even if
domU crash(user maybe want
the domU stack at that time). or should i use other tools for it?

> > >  #ifdef CONFIG_ARM_64
> > >      case PSR_MODE_EL1t:
> > >
> > > 2, xen kernel config
> > > i am confuse about what does "CONFIG XEN" mean. it  will check the kernel
> > >

> > > features for dom0 and domU kernel(mix XEN_BANDEND and XXX_FRONTEND)
> > > should we define XEN_DOM0 and XEN_DOMU configs respectively?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, but yes, if you want to run Xen you should
> enable the relevant CONFIG options, including CONFIG_XEN and I think
> CONFIG_XEN_DOM0.
i mean when i select the CONFIG_XEN in kernel config, both XEN_BACKEND and
XEN_xxx_FRONTEND will be selected.
i think backend and frontend should not select at the same time, isn't it?