Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: bad page map under Xen

>>> Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> 10/23/13 5:37 PM >>>
>On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 04:12:56PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> > Were you suggesting a lookup when we scan the PCI devices?
>> > (xen_add_device)?
>>
>> That was for PVH, and is obviously fragile, as there can be MMIO
>> regions not matched by any PCI device's BAR. We could hope for
>> all of them to be below 4Gb, but I think (based on logs I got to see
>> recently from a certain vendor's upcoming systems) this isn't going
>> to work out.
>
>This is the patch I had in mind that I think will fix these issues. But
>I would appreciate testing it and naturally send me the dmesg if possible.

So this indeed is only about PCI devices (i.e. not taking into account the
comment I made earlier [above]).

Further, a brute force loop over all balloon pages seems like a pretty
bad thing to do when the balloon is rather big.

And finally - did you check that the bus notification happens after resource
assignment?

Jan