Re: [Xen-devel] EFI and multiboot2 devlopment work for Xen

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 05:21:15PM +0000, Maliszewski, Richard L wrote:
> The latter.  The code I was looking at definitely has the linuxefi
> directive.  FWIW, if you install FC18/19 on an EFI system, the grub2
> config file uses the linuxefi and companion initrd directives for launch.
>
> --Richard
>
> On 10/22/13 9:51 AM, "Daniel Kiper" <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 04:36:04PM +0000, Maliszewski, Richard L wrote:
> >> I may be off-base, but when I was wading through the grub2 code earlier
> >> this year, it looked to me like it was going to refuse to launch
> >>anything
> >> via MB1 or MB2 if the current state was a secure boot launch.
> >
> >Are you talking about upstream GRUB2 or GRUB2 with tons of distros
> >patches including linuxefi one. If later one it could be the case.

I realized that in SB case GRUB2 with linuefi patches does not have
a lot features (correct me if I am wrong). So you are able to just
load Linux or something which supports Linux Boot protocol. It is
not so flexible as it was designed. I think that it should be changed
and support for others systems/hypervisors should be added without
breaking SB support of course. GRUB2 upstream solution is preferred.

Daniel