Re: [Xen-devel] Arndale: domU not booting

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 18:07 +0200, Josep Subirats wrote:

> root@arndale:/# /etc/init.d/xencommons start
> Starting C xenstored...WARNING: Failed to open connection to gnttab

Make sure you have all the Xen drivers enabled in your kernel, including
the gnttab one. Also make sure the modules are loaded, or better build
them into the kernel statically.

> Then I tried to create the VM described in the wiki, but to no avail.
> I copied all the necessary files, concatenated the domU kernel with
> the xenvm dtb, but in the end I get the following output:
>
> root@arndale:~# xl create -c vmDescriptor.cfg
> Parsing config from vmDescriptor.cfg
> /etc/xen/scripts/block: line 3: dirname: command not found

Your root filesystem seems to be missing the coreutils package (or
something else which provides dirname). The following errors all look
like fallout from this.

Ian.