Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] Xen vm kernel crash in get_free_entries.

On Sat, 2013-10-19 at 14:51 +0400, Astarta wrote:
> On 10/19/2013 03:14 AM, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

> > makes a HVM guest (qemu-xen-traditional) with xen_platform_pci=0 boot again
> > using xl, haven't tested it with xend.
> >
> Great catch!
> I also confirm that 3.11.5 kernel boots just fine after reverting of
> 'correctly initialize grant table version 1' patch.

This could just be down to that patch adding some BUG_ONs to catch bad
things going on, e.g. the one in gnttab_expand which I think is being
hit here.

I have a feeling that it is still wrong (but just more benign) to be
hitting that call chain in a configuration where there is no platform
device driver running. IOW reverting that patch removes the obvious
symptom (blowing up) but not the root cause, i.e. the patch is doing its
job.

Ian.