Re: [Xen-devel] Is there an issue with turning off "scrubbing free RAM" on boot with Xen 4.1.3

On 09/10/13 19:24, Roddy Rodstein wrote:

Greetings,

Thank you in advance for your support!

Our HP Xen 4.1.3 servers have 1TB of RAM, each Xen servers take 20 minutes to boot largely due to the "scrub free RAM" phase. If/when we have dom0 failures and HA kicks-in, we would like to reduce the boot time to make the resource quickly available, perhaps using the no-bootscrub attribute in grub.conf.

Malcolm's patch to parallelize scrubbing was posted recently

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-09/msg03171.html

I don't think it's been committed to xen-unstable yet,

Simon