Re: [Xen-devel] xen/arm Problem with virtual disks

On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 17:03 +0300, Andrii Anisov wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to provide my DomU with virtual disk but have faced some
> strange issue. Disk device is discovered in DomU but it is not usable.
> In DomU some trash is read from the xvd* device, and does not reflect
> what is read from the correspondent device in Dom0. Moreover trash
> read from the device differs each time (I checked that by dd)
>

> I have xen 4.3 release with my patches for panda5 board.
> Dom0 is K3.8, DomU is K3.4.

Did 3.4 really have Xen on ARM support? I thought we started later than
that.

> Could it be a problem in contradiction of blkfront and blkback in
> different kernels?

We did iterate a few times on the ABI before getting to a stable point.
I don't recall precisely when or whether that made any difference to the
block protocol though.

> Could you please give me some clue to debug such an issue?

I'd definitely recommend starting by pulling your domU kernel up to
something more recent, e.g. 3.8 like dom0.

Ian.