Re: [Xen-devel] libxl videoram for cirrus graphics

> > cirrus card support maximum of 4mb (which is also the default) so
> > there is IMHO no point in reporting an error, just a warning would be
> > enough
> >

> Uhm, I think Rob says above he's able to use 8MB with Cirrus.
> Maybe there's a difference between qemu-traditional and qemu-upstream?
>
> Maybe the old qemu-traditional only supports fixed 4MB with Cirrus?
> And new qemu-upstream allows more videomem, with the possibility of
> configuring the amount of videomem?

I just talked to Frediano. He says that it is likely that, for Cirrus, the
videoram parameter on the QEMU command line is silently ignored. When I said
that I was able to use 8MB on cirrus, I only looked at what was put on the
command line, so perhaps I wasn't actually getting 8MB.

I think that for traditional, we should make the default 4MB, and also allow
other values (but log a warning if a value other than 4MB is used). For
upstream qemu, I think we should just leave things as they are, unless someone
has a better idea (I am no expert in this field).

I'll shortly submit a patch along the lines of what Ian suggested.

Rob