Re: [Xen-devel] cpuidle and un-eoid interrupts at the local apic

Zhang, Yang Z wrote on 2013-09-05:
> Thimo E. wrote on 2013-09-05:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> the last two weeks no crash with pinning dom0_vcpus_pin and
>> restricting
>> dom0 to 1 cpu. But yesterday it crashed again. So changed the
>> command line again to:
>>
>> iommu=no-intremap noirqbalance com1=115200,8n1,0xe050,0
>> console=com1,vga mem=1024G dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0_mem=752M,max:752M
>> watchdog_timeout=300 lowmem_emergency_pool=1M crashkernel=64M@32M
>> cpuid_mask_xsave_eax=0
>>
>> And today server crashed again and produced a lot of debugging
>> messages, see attached. The "..." in the logfiles mean that the
>> message above the points was repeated very often.
>>
>> My summary so far:
>> - With only 1 cpu atteched to dom0 the server was stable for 2
>> weeks, the crash there did not really show any irq problems, see
>> crash20130903.txt
>>     You can find Andrews ideas to this in
>> http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1760771#1760771 -
>> With more than 1 cpu and irqbalance the server produced the crashes
>> I've already posted before - Without irqbalance crash with some
>> other fancy output, see crash20130904.txt
>>
>> Next step is to change the network card.
>>
>> Zhang, any update from your side ? Or do the others have any idea ?
> Our hardware guys said they don't aware of such issue with this CPU.
> We are trying to find the same platform to reproduce now.
Hi, Thimo,

I cannot reproduce this issue in my box after running about two weeks:
I started four guests (two PV guests and two HVM guests). And each guest runs a
simple workload (ping a remote machine). After two weeks, the machine still
works no crash and panic happen. Are there any special workload required to
reproduce this issue?

Attached the cpuinfo and pci info in my box. Please compare it with yours to
see whether it is same. Especially, the microcode version.

Best regards,
Yang