Re: [Xen-devel] Booting NetBSD in pygrub

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Booting NetBSD in pygrub"):
> I imagine this is equally broken with a Linux domU, because it doesn't
> seem likely to be guest specific, given that it is mostly before the
> guest runs...

It may be that the guest fs makes pygrub behave differently.  I'm
suspecting some kind of race.

> > I've tracked this issue down to the boot hanging in a xenconsole:
> > xenconsoled creates a xenconsole which basically does nothing.
> > The boot continues with a new xenconsole after sending a control-].
> > I experimented with different boot arguments like "console=hvc0
> > xencons=tty" to no avail.
> >
> > I'm really clueless about what's wrong.

Can you please run this with xl's verbosity turned way up ?
  xl -vvvv create [etc]

Also, can you see (in ps) whether pygrub is running, and send us the
output of xenstore-ls -fp ?

Ian.