Re: [Xen-devel] xend deprecation

At 16:34 +0100 on 04 Sep (1378312470), Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 16:18 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> > Maybe we should make an announcement (on blog, xen-users, xen-devel,
> > and xen-announce) that there has been a proposal to make 4.4 the last
> > release with xend, and so it's important to report all bugs / missing
> > features of xl so we can get them fixed by the 4.4 release?
>
> Didn't we do this for 4.2 or 4.3? We didn't get much feedback.

Indeed.  The 4.2 release notes say:

  The XEND toolstack is now deprecated and should be expected to be
  removed in the 4.3 timescale. Therefore it is strongly recommended
  that users evaluate Xen 4.2 with XL for their use cases and report any
  omissions or blockers such that they can be addressed for 4.3. Fixes
  for serious functionality gaps will also be considered for backport to
  the 4.2.x releases.

I guess we're now on "expected to be removed in the 4.5 timescale"?

Tim.