Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 18851: regressions - FAIL

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: [xen-unstable test] 18851: regressions - FAIL"):
> xen.org writes ("[xen-unstable test] 18851: regressions - FAIL"):
> > flight 18851 xen-unstable real [real]
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/18851/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  test-amd64-i386-rhel6hvm-amd  7 redhat-install       fail REGR. vs. 18778

xen.org writes ("[xen-unstable test] 19006: regressions - trouble:
broken/fail/pass"):
> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> including tests which could not be run:
>  test-amd64-i386-xl-multivcpu  7 debian-install         fail REGR. vs. 18778

I looked at this one from 19006.  The system is running under Xen but
has no guests.  It shows a wget process running.  I can't easily tell
whether it has hung, but there are no other signs of trouble in the
logs.

The tester was able to ssh in and get process listings and so forth so
it must be that (a) just the debootstrap stuff has hung (b) trying to
ssh in to collect logs unwedged it (c) the problem is actually poor
performance, not a hang.

The system allows 2ks for a debootstrap, which should be ample (given
that there's a local mirror).

So I think it's probably a performance regression.  I will try to
repro this tomorrow.

Ian.