Re: [Xen-devel] Regression: x86/mm: new _PTE_SWP_SOFT_DIRTY bit conflicts with existing use

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 04:11:25PM +0200, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Eep.  This should be reverted, indeed.  This isn't a manifest bug on !Xen but
> we
> have gotten requests for WT support which would mean adding in the PAT but
> again.

Please no, letme fix it. That's what I'm having in mind: don't use pse bit in
swap
entry but always mark page read from swap as dirty one (it's better than having
no tracker at all and  will be the case on old machines with 32bit ptes only).