Re: [Xen-devel] Hypervisor compilation for arm without debug=y

On 08/20/2013 05:03 PM, Andrii Anisov wrote:
> BTW,
>
>     > Is it a known issue?
>
>     I suspect none of us has ever really used a non-debug build!
>

> Wiki says:
>
>     Once you have a suitable cross compiler you can compile Xen with:
>        $ make dist-xen XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm32
>     CROSS_COMPILE=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-
>     or:
>        $ make dist-xen XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm64
>     CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu-
>

> Without debug=y flag.

On unstable branch by default debug=y. On release branches have debug=n
by default.

I have tried to boot a non-debug Xen on the Versatile Express:
   gcc 4.8.1: Xen boots
   gcc 4.6.3: Xen hangs with no output log (even early printk)

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall