Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: XEN: Interdomain communication.

On Tue, 2013-08-20 at 18:56 +0530, cooldharma06 wrote:
> hi,
>

> i runned this one in domU:
> ./vchan-node1 client read 0 /check-path

What did you run on the server side?

I think you need to create the xenstore path you are using and give it
appropriate permissions. Since /local/domain/N/data exists and is
writable by domain N you can use "data/foo". I don't expect
"/check-path" either exists or has the correct permissions.

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-06/msg00061.html has
(down at the end in the quoted stuff) an example of what worked for me.
Which was:
> domU# vchan-node1 server read 0 data/vchan
>
> dom0# domU=$(xl domid d32-1)
> dom0# vchan-node1 client write ${domid} /local/domain/${domid}/data/vchan
>
> Now I can type into the dom0 window and the data appears on the domU
> end. I can also invert the read/write parameter and go the other way.
> This demo code doesn't appear to be bidirectional.
>
> Running the server in dom0 didn't initially work for me, because
> dom0's domid node is missing. However this was easy to work around:
>
> dom0# xenstore-write /local/domain/0/domid 0
> dom0# domU=$(xl domid d32-1)
> dom0# vchan-node1 server read $(xl domid d32-1) data/vchan
>
> domU# vchan-node1 client write 0 /local/domain/0/data/vchan

Ian