Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable] Commit 2ca9fbd739b8a72b16dd790d0fff7b75f5488fb8 AMD IOMMU: allocate IRTE entries instead of using a static mapping, makes dom0 boot process stall several times.

>>> On 16.08.13 at 10:40, Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm only the "no-cpuidle" is needed (cpufreq=xen can stay) to make the stalls
> disappear,
> but makes me wonder how that is related to the commit the bisection found ..
> machine has been running with cpuidle enabled for ages ..

That's odd indeed. If you're up to do a little bit of debugging here,
why don't you log the sequence of interrupts arriving both with
and without said commit. This might end up being a lot of data, so
you may want to filter out uninteresting stuff and/or log only to
a memory buffer which then gets dumped upon some debug key
press. Similarly, checking whether the issue is reproducible with
Xen running on only a single pCPU might help reducing the amount
of data, or at least the time needed to analyze it.

Jan