Re: [Xen-devel] Question: can new qemu-xen co-work with old rombios?

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 01:56 +0000, Liu, Jinsong wrote:
> Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 16:01 +0000, Liu, Jinsong wrote:
> >
> >> can new qemu-xen co-work with old rombios?
> >
> > No, this is not a supported combination.
> >
> > qemu-trad == rombios
> > qemu-xen == seabios or ovmf.
> >
> > No other combinations are valid. Hopefully libxl/xl gave an error
> > message when you tried?
> >
> > Ian.
>
> Thanks Ian and Jacek!
>
> Yes, libxl does give error messages:
> libxl: error: libxl_dm.c:1300:libxl__destroy_device_model: could not find
> device-model's pid for dom 1
> libxl: error: libxl.c:1415:libxl__destroy_domid: libxl__destroy_device_model
> failed for 1

Which version of Xen is this? Can you post the complete "xl -vvv create"
output please, it really ought to be bailing with a message about the
invalid combination of BIOS and qemu being attempted.

I suspect the messages above are just benign messages printed as part of
the attempt to tear down a partially built domain after the original
failure.

Ian.