Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch v4] tools/migrate: Fix regression when migrating from older version of Xen

On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 18:07 +0100, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> Changes since v3:
>  * Plumb the xl "remus" flag down through libxl.  This is done by introducing
>    libxl_domain_create_restore_remus()

I don't think we want to expose the name of a particular HA strategy in
the libxl API. If we were to add anything then it should be
_checkpointed() or something however my strong preference would be to
add a flags parameter in a backwards compatible way now (perhaps using a
similar scheme to Olaf's which I linked to before) rather than to start
combinatorially exploding the API for each new variant.

Image a new, hypothetical, "pre-migration" mode (contrasted to our
current post-migration mode), now we have four API calls required (pre-
vs. post-migration crossed with regular vs. checkpointed).

> + * If this is defined, libxl_domain_create_restore() has had a _remus()
> + * varient created to help fix a regression in the migration stream format.

If you end up reusing any of this text then it should be "variant".