Re: [Xen-devel] usbdevice option and specifying a specific device

On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 20:17 +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> I'm trying to use usbdevice option in the config file (instead of
> passing USB PCI devices), and the documentation says to specify the
> device in the form host:xxxx:yyyy where xxxx:yyyy is the USB
> vendor:device ID.
>
> Except there is a problem with this - I have two identical keyboards and
> mice, one set of which I want to pass to the host, and the other set
> which I want to pass to the guest. Since the xxxx:yyyy will be the same
> for both devices of each type, how can I deterministically specify which
> I want to keep on the host and which I want to pass to the guest?
>
> Is there a way to use something like BusID:DeviceID instead in order to
> provide a more deterministic outcome?

I think George (CCd) had some plans to improve this initial
implementation in the 4.4 time frame.

Since it looks like the devices which you pass are given direct to
qemu's -usbdevice option it seems like host:bus.addr should work too.
"Supporting" this option is perhaps just a docs patch away?

Not sure if this varies depending on qemu-trad vs upstream, I only
looked at the upstream manpage.
Ian.