Re: [Xen-devel] xl remus - Invoking scripts from xl

On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 10:13 -0500, Shriram Rajagopalan wrote:

> I can use xenstore too but I don't want to pollute xenstore entries
> unless absolutely necessary.

Ultimately it may be that the script is running in a different domain
(e.g. a driver domain) so xenstore may be the best way.

Can you enumerate what would be going in there? It may be
that /libxl/<domid> or even /tools/remus/<domid> might be an appropriate
home for it.

> Or is it as simple as reading and writing to files or using standard
> communication primitives like named fifos or pipes ?
>

> As an alternative,
> Instead of adding libnl dependency to xl,

Would it be that bad for xl (or perhaps better libxl) to depend on
libnl?

> I can reuse existing python code for network buffering and control the
> python process via unix sockets or pipes or fifos. The python code
> does not rely on libnl.

I don't think we want to go down this route.

Ian.