Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] Testing xen-arm on Arndale

Add back xen-devel

On 07/16/2013 02:37 PM, Giridhar Maruthy wrote:
> Hi Julien,

Hello,

> My mistake.
> I went through the code and found that handle_mmio() for UART2 of
> exynos was failing. I had used a generic xen tree (4.4 unstable).
If you use my linux tree (xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/linux-arm.git
branch arndale), the UART 2 is used by Xen and not map in dom0. So it
can't access to this UART.

> I now started using
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/xen-unstable.git (arndale
> branch).

This branch is old, the last commit was at the end of april. I advice
you to move to 4.4 unstable. If you follow the wiki page:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Arndale
you should be able to boot Xen on the Arndale board.

> I still dont get a prompt. The last 3 lines on the console is as
> follows. Should I be using some other tree/branch
>
> Machine: SAMSUNG EXYNOS5 (Flattened Device Tree), model: Insignal
> Arndale evaluation board based on EXYNOS5250
> debug: ignoring loglevel setting.
> bootconsole [xenboot0] enabled

Which version of Linux are you using?

Cheers,