Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Automatically making a PCI device assignable in the config file

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 04:09:29PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> On 12/07/13 16:01, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 03:43:32PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >>Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Automatically making a
> >>PCI device assignable in the config file"):
> >>I was thinking "default.pci.seize" or something.
> >Why not combine this with the other - the one where you can call
> >'xl vpcu-set <guest> <huge number of VCPUs>' where the number of
> >VCPUs is greater than PCPUs. And if the 'expert' option is turned
> >on it will let you. If it is not, it will notify you about this
> >being a bad idea.
>
> ...because you may want to have one and not the other?

Seatbelts are seatbelts. They have many parts - but nonethless
at the end of the day you describe them by just one word.

I am not a big fan of many knobs - even thought I did work at some
point for IBM which was known for its knob-for-everything products.