Re: [Xen-devel] PROPOSAL: Microcode loading under x86 - various options, discussion, etc

>>> On 03.07.13 at 23:43, Boris Ostrovsky <boris.ostrovsky@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, I think it would be preferable to load microcode earlier than
> during dom0 boot so (d) or (e) would be a better approach.
> [...]
> We probably need both options --- load microcode during boot and after
> system is already up. So your code in (c) is still useful.

Fully agree on both points. As to (d) vs (e) - I personally favor (d)
as not making Xen dependent on Linux details (initrd contents), but
certainly don't mind (e) getting supported as an alternative (as
long as the amount of code needed for peeking into the initrd isn't
too huge, and as long as this peeking can be done in a reliable
way, i.e. no false positives).

Jan