Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] First go at Planet Xen ...

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 09:53 +0100, Lars Kurth wrote:
> > Is there an RSS link for the planet itself? I couldn't find one.
> No. I still need to set it up. Didn't get round to it yet.
>

> > I think this would reduce the utility of the "planet", at least for
> me.
> > e.g. I wouldn't want to subscribe to an rss feed which contained
> this
> > sort of thing. I want to see actual content by people involved with
> or
> > related to the project.
> Agreed. In fact this occurred to me after I sent the mail. So I added
> that feed to http://xenproject.org/about/in-the-news.html

Great, thanks.

> There is another question: I had a request from a Brazilian community
> member (who writes a Portuguese language Xen blog). I am not sure what
> the feeling with regards to mixing languages is. We could set up
> different pages for different languages, but the question is whether
> we get enough feeds to be of use. Any views?

Personally I think planets should be single language. Unless it's a lot
of administrative faff I don't see why not to have per-language planets.

An alternative would be to tag the posts from each constituent feed
appropriately such that .../planet/ was everything
and .../planet/{en,pt,es}/ etc were only the posts in the given
language. Again this depends on the power of the backend.