Re: [Xen-devel] xl pci-detach vs xm pci-detach in Xen 4.3 (one works, the other does not)

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:12:47PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> create ^
> title it xl pci-detach failure
> thanks
>
> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
> <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > any thoughts? I don't know if this is a regression or not, but the
> > libxl errors are pointing me to the recent XSA issue - which I thought
> > was fixed?
>
> I think the recent issue was with xend not working.  Did we fix send
> and break xl?

Could be. It might also be that that 'xl' never did it the same way
as 'xend' (meaning this might be a XenBus teardown change).

Note also that this is PV guests - and I think most of the testing
had been with the HVM guests with PCI passthrough. So it might be a
seperate issue altogether. Or that nobody tried doing PCI plug/unplug
in the past :-(

> In any case, this is a pretty important feature; I think we need to
> sort it out before release, so I'm giving it a bug id to track.
>
> Is "pci permissive" set in the global xl.conf file?

No. Let me of course try that.

> Have you tried this with say, a stock Debian Wheezy kernel?

No. A v3.10-rc4 with Xen 4.3 latest.

Is Debian Wheezy a 2.6.32 kernel?