Re: [Xen-devel] Latest Arndale Xen, dom0 kernel stuck on ASIX mac.

On 7 June 2013 22:51, Sander Bogaert <sander.bogaert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7 June 2013 22:56, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I tried that, it doesn't exist. To be exact:
>>>
>>> mount: mount point /proc/xen does not exist
>>
>> You are right,  I have a mismatch between my .config and
>> arndale_xen_dom0_defconfig.
>>
>> I updated my branch linaro-3.10 with the cpufreq patch and add XENFS
>> in the configuration
>> file.
>>

> Again no luck. Tried some different kernel config options to in order to fix
> it.

Do you have all theses configuration variable enabled on your .config?
CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=m
CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=m
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=y

/proc/xen is created by CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS. I won't have access to an
arndale board until monday, so right now I can't give a try.

> Now /proc is empty and hostname gone ( like before ). Rebooted to get
> a boot without the segfault ( guessing this is the know problem with
> Xen atm ), same issue.

To avoid segfault you can add on both command line:
  - Xen: dom0_max_vcpus = 1
  - Linux: nosmp

It will disable SMP but should avoid segfault. I hope linux will be able to
boot on your arndale. On mine, linux 3.10 does something wrong with the
mmc driver.

BTW, on linux 3.7 did you have SMP support on dom0?

--
Julien Grall