Re: [Xen-devel] Frag is bigger than frame.

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 12:56:35PM -0700, Alex A wrote:
[...]
> > > we just hit this bug as well on CentOS 5.9 with kernels
> > > 2.6.18-348.4.1.el5 and 2.6.18-348.6.1.el5, however I checked it on all
> > > domUs and dom0s GSO is off, only TSO is on. Would TSO still cause this
> > > issue?
> > >

> > I really think the proper thing to do is to fix your backend instead of
> > working around that problem -- the patch is available now and you're
> > running your customized kernel, right?
> >

> > Wei.
> >
> > > Alex
> >

> I completely agree that fixing the backend is the proper thing to do. Do
> you mean these patches?
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=697089dc13c52d668322ac6cb8548520de27ed0e
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=9ecd1a75d977e2e8c48139c7d3efed183f898d94
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=2810e5b9a7731ca5fce22bfbe12c96e16ac44b6f
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=03393fd5cc2b6cdeec32b704ecba64dbb0feae3c
>

> If I'm not mistaken aren't these patches against 2.6.3x kernel or 3.0.x?
> I'm running 2.6.18, so I would have to port those patches to 2.6.18 base,
> unless there exist same patches for 2.6.18?
> Also you are correct, we are running our custom compiled rhel kernels, that
> are based on rhel source rpms.

Sorry I don't understand. Do you mean your Dom0 is 2.6.18? My patches
are against 3.10, the backporting is undergoing, however I don't think
they will be backported to 2.6.18. If you're running 2.6.18 Dom0,
presumably who backported XSA-39 will also backport those patches?

Jan maintains 2.6.18 tree with minimum required patches applied to fix
your problem (Frag bigger than frame), you might want to have a look at
the last two patches in tree.
http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg/

Wei.