Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 crash without any message

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 04:21:45PM +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
> <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Do you see this if you boot the same kernel, but without Xen?
>
> I haven't tested with a i386 baremetal kernel but with an amd64
> baremetal kernel it boots fine (thanks to the X2APIC in amd64). I
> guess that on i386 I've reached the 0xff APIC limit.

I would think that the 64-bit kernel under Xen would work as well?

> My dom0 is now booting when disabling two cores in the bios config; it
> means reducing the cpu from 32 to 24. I hoped for a cmdline solution
> instead of changing the bios config but did not find any. Did I miss
> one? dom0_max_vcpus did not worked.

There is also the Linux ones - nr_cpus= or some variant of it.

But instead of using work-arounds I would like to understand why you are
hitting this and fix it.

Hence the question about baremetal - and if you could kindly also attach
the serial log of that bootup - it could in figuring out what is going
on.